BOOX V3.0 Firmware Main New Features on Max Lumi and Note Air
System-wide split-screen, layers, and more surprises.
As most students and teachers go back to school in September, this month ought to be the right time for new beginnings.
BOOX launches two new E Ink tablets with the front light and the open Android 10 OS: the 13.3’’ Max Lumi and the 10.3’’ Note Air. It also employed the up-to-date V3.0 firmware on these two devices, making them more fully-fledged as Android E Ink tablets.
If you can’t wait to become Max Lumi and Note Air users, take a look at what you can get from the fantastic V3.0 firmware. For other BOOX models, you can check out their V3.0 firmware changelogs in this post.
Restore the factory settings will format the storage by default and all stored personal files will be cleared. Please back all files up before restoring the factory settings.
- Support screencast ( It only supports to mirror screens to Win10 computers. Mac PCs are not supported currently)
- Split-Screen supports third-party Apps (Apps optimization and screencast are disabled under Split-Screen ) 【Learn More>>】
- Add grouping Apps ( this supports bulk management)
- The screensaver supports to rotate to horizontal orientation
- Push pictures for Screensaver directly via push.boox.com
- Add Clock Screensaver
- Add PushRead【Learn More>>】
- The Navigation Ball supports resident buttons which offer quick access to different functions
- Add Gallery, which supports picture editing. ( The picture is still opened by NeoReader by default. Please open images with Gallery if you need to edit them) 【Learn More>>】
- Add keeping Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/Audio active during sleep mode. (This is off by default. Go to System Settings / Power Management to enable it)
- Add NeoBrowser
- Optimize the second-screen interface (only 13.3" supports this function）
- Support Gestures【Learn More>>】
- Optimize the look-up interface of Dictionary
- Support to select and look up English phrases
- Support zooming under PDF scrolling mode
- Optimize PDF sharpening effect
- Optimize the layout of highlights and annotations when they are exported to the third-party note-taking Apps.
- Change the upper right corner to quickly add bookmarks using the stylus (this area does not support to turn pages using stylus any more)
- Optimize the main menu interfaces
- Support third-party dictionary Apps 【Learn More>>】
- Add list mode
- Add layers (template layer + 5 custom layers ) . 【Learn More>>】
- Add Pencil and marker ( The pencil color is only in black)
- Add copy and paste among different notepads (Go to Notes thumbnail view, select and copy to )
- Add switch to another notepad within a Notepad (Tap Notepad name and expand the list, then select the notepad you want to switch to)
- Optimize the stroke eraser. (The template is no longer covered. The erased content will no longer be displayed after the selection area of lasso tool is moved)
- Add Toolbar indicator to full-screen mode of the Notes
- Add exit alert ( It is off by default. Go to Notes Settings to enable it. This is to avoid exiting the Notepad by accidental touch).
- Add color stroke display effect switch (original color shows non-black on BOOX)