How Does The System-Wide Split-Screen Work?
BOOX V3.0 Firmware Feature Introduction Part 1
The system-wide split-screen mode is a new feature that comes with the V3.0 firmware. It enables you to run two apps at the same time in the horizontal display, which doubles your efficiency by reducing the app switching time.
Now let’s check out how to activate the system-wide split-screen mode.
How To Enable System-Wide Split-Screen Mode
【Edit: After updating to the V3.0 firmware, some users may not find the split-screen button at the beginning. Please pull down the system menu, and tap the “Edit” button. Then you can see the “Split Screen” button and move it to a more obvious position.】
# Step1 Open a random app that supports the split-screen mode.
#Step2 Swipe down to expand the system menu, and tap the “Split Screen” button.
#Step 3 Tap “Enter Split Screen Mode” in the pop-up box, and then the interface will be split into two parts horizontally.
#Step4 Upon opening an app on one side, on the other side, you can open a file in the NeoReader, open a note in the Notes app, or open another app that supports the split-screen mode.
#Step5 Swipe down the menu, tap the “Split Screen” button, and choose “Exit Split Screen Mode” to exit.
How to Swap App Position
#Step1 Unpon splitting the screen, swipe down to expand the system menu, and tap the “Split Screen” button.
#Step2 Tap “Position Exchange” in the pop-up box.
#Setp3 The split-view position of the two apps is swapped successfully.
- Only the applications that support the split-view can be opened in the split-screen mode successfully.
- Apps optimization and screencast are disabled under the system-wide split-screen mode.
- If you want to take reading notes pinned to a specific book when reading with the built-in NeoReader, you can only activate the split-view mode in the NeoReader. If you just want to open a random note while reading, then please go ahead with the system-wide split-screen mode.
- You can read the full V3.0 firmware features on Note Air and Max Lumi in this post.
- You can also check out the video demo of some V3.0 firmware features.